The movie, Steel Magnolias, is about strong women always helping and supporting others through difficult times.
What makes a strong woman?
- She is a fighter
- …knows what she wants
- … respects vulnerability and honesty
- …will not shy away from intimacy
- …empowers others.
- …needs integrity, respect, and consistency
- …knows her purpose in life.
- …can be intense and hard to handle
- …loves unconditionally
- …is full of positivity and productivity.
The male characters also showed their strengths and were loving, kind, and helpful to the women. Traits of a strong man:
- Has goals and dreams
- Respects others privacy
- Comfortable taking the reins
- He is NOT possessive or jealous
- He is a strong communicator
- His support is unwavering
- Has a great sense of humorhttps://www.yourtango.com/love/traits-men-strong-partners
Every year, the Teal Magnolia Luncheon raises funds for research and awareness/education about the five major gynecological cancers. Teal s the color representing all these cancers, and the name comes from the movie.
The annual luncheon was started over 20 years ago but was discontinued several years ago for a variety of reasons. Last September a group of us brought it back and with 52 people in attendance, we raised $3500. In May of 2022, we welcomed 140 attendees and raised $15,650. Every penny went to gynecological cancer research. If you would like to donate, please go to bidpal.net/teal
We do these lunches for the estimated 100,000 females diagnosed with gynecological cancers each year of which 32,000 die. If a female has any or all of her reproductive organs, she is at risk regardless of her age. Even preteens have been diagnosed with ovarian cancer and teenagers with cervical cancer.
Our committee and volunteers included care partners, survivors, patients, health care workers, and family or friends of those who have passed away, They each demonstrated their strength, passion, dedication, and love for this cause. They were like the characters in Steel Magnolias: STRONG PEOPLE.
How are you living your life? Answer the questions below. Then make changes that will make you STRONGER.
- Do you have the characteristics of a strong person?
- How well do you handle problems (large or small)?
- Are you reliable?
- Give love unconditionally?
The answers you provide are yours alone. Be the person you want to be.
Thank you for visiting my blog today. Your comments or questions are always welcome.