Our wedding anniversary is the 4th of July.
A good friend, Stan Hamerski, always sends cards for birthdays and anniversaries. This year he improved Hallamrk’s message by writing: “Karen and Jim celebrate their in-ter-de-pend-ence.” That is, we are dependent on one another and each other; also we have mutual interrelations.
Thank you, Stan, for once again, sharing your creativity and thoughtfulness.
- The 4th of July celebrates our independence from the British government. The Declaration of Independence was signed on this day in 1776.
- Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?
- How many signed it?
- Who had the laargest signatuver?
- Can you recite the preamble?
- Why are fireworks used to celebrate the 4th of July?
We do need to be independent of foreign governments. We do need to have inter-dependence with those to whom we are wedded.
Here are the answers:
1. Thomas Jefferson
3. John Hancock
4. We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
5. The tradition of setting off fireworks on the 4 of July began in Philadelphia on July 4, 1777, during the first organized celebration of Independence Day. The ship’s cannons fired a 13-gun salute in honor of the 13 colonies.
Now, sit back and enjoy this video of a July 4th celebration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWJTqxGBB2A